We’re celebrating St Patrick’s Day in the salon today, some of us even have green clothing on! We haven’t gone as far as dying our hair green though…
Here are a few facts on St Patrick’s Day:
- The day is named in honour of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland
- It is believed St Patrick wasn’t from Ireland….but from Wales
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in New York in the 1760s
- In 2010, the Sydney Opera House went green to mark the 200th anniversary of St. Patrick’s Day there
- Guiness sales soar on St. Patrick’s Day. Recent figures show that 5.5 million pints of the black stuff are downed around the world every day. On St. Patrick’s Day that figure is doubled!
Pop in today and make sure you look the part for St Patrick’s Day, whatever you’re up to!
Call us on 01702 330707, or visit us at 56 Queens Road, Southend.